30 Jul Tofu Cheesecake Recipe
Take a traditional cheesecake recipe and replace the sour cream and cream cheese with soy equivalents. The result is amazingly similar to the original: dense, moist and rich.
Tofu Cheesecake | Makes one 9″ cheesecake
If you’re longing for chocolate, simply add 1/4 cup chocolate chips!
One 9 ” graham cracker pie crusts
14 ounce package silken tofu
1/2 cup granulated sugar
6 ounces soy cream cheese
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Have all the ingredients at room temperature. Preheat oven to 325′.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree the tofu until smooth. Add sugar, soy cream cheese and vanilla, processing until smooth. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
3. Pour the tofu mixture into prepared pie crust and bake for 50 minutes.
4. Turn the oven off, leaving the cake in the oven for one hour. Remove and cool to room temperature.
5. Refrigerate the cheesecake overnight. Serve slightly chilled, garnished with fresh fruit.
Protein 2 gm
Carbohydrate 20 gm
Fat 10 gm
Cholesterol 0 mg
Fiber 1 gm
Sodium 137 mg